Plant HR Manager Job Opening in Somerset, New Jersey
Akorn, Inc. is seeking a Human Resources Manager for immediate hire at their Somerset, New Jersey location. Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products.
Somerset, NJ Plant HR Manager Job Description
The Human Resources Manager position reports to the Vice President & General Manager with a dotted line to the Sr. Director of Human Resources. The successful candidate will provide leadership, guidance, and counsel to the Somerset operations, develop, implement and coordinate policies and programs relating to all personnel activity. Major areas of responsibility include recruitment, employee orientation, and training, compensation and benefits programs, employee relations, performance management.
The Plant HR Manager also:
- Formulates, recommends and administers personnel policies which fulfill company objectives and comply with state and federal laws;
- Conducts investigations and mediations for employee relations issues;
- Develops and oversees staffing activities, including placement of ads, reviewing applications, scheduling and conducting interviews, and hiring of exempt and non-exempt personnel. Recruiting efforts to include: Job fairs, colleges, minority agencies and state employment service. Secures prospects, interviews, and hires. Generate offer letters to prospective employees;
- Develops and conducts employee orientations;
- Coordinates staffing activities for Decatur Facilities including placement of ads, reviewing applications, setting up and conducting interviews, and hiring of exempt and non-exempt employees;
- Processes all new employees, conducts employee orientations and prepares all necessary paperwork;
- Recruits, including Job fairs, placing job openings with newspapers, colleges, minority agencies, state employment service. Secures prospects, screens, interviews, and hire. Generate offer letters to prospective employees;
- Recommends terminations to VP of Human Resources and composes termination letters. Conducts exit interviews and discusses closing of benefits (401K, COBRA) with employee;
- Keep records of insurance coverage, 401(k) and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations;
- Coordinates Workers Compensation claims with insurance carrier; Completes OSHA 300 Log; Form 301 and Annual Summary;
- Maintains FMLA records; Processes STD and LTD claims for employees;
- Assists with processing and tracking annual reviews;
- Assists in developing and conducting the monthly Safety Committee meetings. Writes and update Safety Policies such as Hazard Communication, Bloodborne Pathogen, Respirator Policy, PPE, and Forklift Policies;
- Oversees weekly submission of time sheets. Ensures that the Paid Time Off Spreadsheet is updated weekly.
Somerset, NJ Plant HR Manager Job Qualifications
The eligible HR manager candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s degree;
- 7+ years of experience Human Resources, coaching, training, organizational development/consulting, cross-cultural communication;
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting the business;
- Project management or business experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of organizational development activity preferred;
- Significant breadth of understanding of functional HR roles and responsibilities and impact on the business.
Akron, Inc. specializes in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms, including ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
Apply online at www2.ourcareerplace.com/AkornHRMgr
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.