Electric Utility FP&A Senior Manager Job Opening in Minneapolis, MN
About Black Hills Corporation
A wide variety of energy sources have made Black Hills Corporation (NYSE: BKH) and its subsidiaries stable and diversified providers of low-cost reliable energy solutions to customers throughout the U.S. Discover your career potential in the following opportunity:
Minneapolis, MN Senior Manager, Electric Utility FP&A Job Duties
Maintain an accounting system that includes organization, procedures, and records concerned with safeguarding assets, reliability of financial records and provides timely financial information to users (management, stockholders, and other users) of such information. Responsible for timely and accurately reporting of all financial data and for providing financial reports required by company management, regulatory and rating agencies. Develops, analyzes, and interprets statistical and accounting information to appraise profitability, capital expenditures and performance against budgets for the utility companies. The accounting vision and direction for the utility companies developed by supplying management with consolidated financial reporting, analysis and forecast based on current operating trends.
ESSENTIALSENIOR MANAGER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Functionally supervise all accounting activities and provide direction for operations to ensure Accounting policies and practices support GAAP, regulatory requirements, and sound business practices.
- Interpret financial analysis and provide financial counsel to operations management. This includes all levels of the organization with focus on recommendations for financial improvement. Particular emphasis to be placed on identifying opportunities to improve return on invested capital
- Support state regulatory process by interpreting financial data and information including 5 year planning on rate case strategies. Participate in meetings with regulatory staffs and commissions to explain financial systems and accounting methods. As required, provide financial testimony in rate case proceedings.
- Exercises management authority concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations in accordance with company policies and laws. Provides guidance to manager in directing of work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees and addressing complaints and resolving problems of their respective staffs.
- Direct financial control over financial planning (budgeting), financial forecasting, and financial management processes to support achievement of financial objectives. Perform leadership role on financial matters with the identified operations including the strategic planning process.
- Coordinate budget completion with operations and corporate organizations.
- Develop departmental objectives and recommend overall financial plans with respect to improving the effectiveness of assigned functions.
- Assist management with completion of due diligence procedures primarily related to accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Assist management in identifying and evaluating the potential profitability and strategic compatibility of new services and special programs.
- Support the gas supply function for the gas utilities and be able to provide assistance with required SFAS 133 documentation.
- Interpret financial information for off-system sales as it relates to the electric utilities and provide directions for the accounting to ensure compliance with regulatory reporting and SEC reporting.
- Must be able to understand rate cases and rate making concepts and be able to direct those financial functions.
Minneapolis, MN Senior Manager, Electric Utility FP&A Job Qualifications
- 10 years of financial and business experience in the energy industry, with progressive responsibility. Experience in the utility industry is required due to the regulatory environment and surrounding issues.
- Proficiency in Excel to create and support complex financial models that would normally be expected from someone performing this function for over five years.
- Ability to strategically plan and model different solutions to operating problems to help provide possible solutions and the financial impact.
- Must be able to prioritize workload and assign additional resources when needed based on the overall retail segment needs.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An in-depth knowledge of return on investment calculations and how to interpret the results and make recommendation on how to improve.
- An in-depth knowledge of calculating cost of capital under different capital scenarios and how to risk adjust the results.
- In-depth knowledge of FERC accounting and how to property apply FERC accounting in the electric and gas operations.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and how to apply GAAP accounting principles in the gas and electric operations.
· CPA, MBA or CMA a plus.
Minneapolis, MN Senior Manager, Electric Utility FP&A Job Compensation
We offer an attractive salary based upon qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
To learn more about Black Hills Corporation, view a complete job description, and apply for this position please click on the following link or copy/paste it into your internet browser.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability