Experienced Filling and Assembly Manager Needed in Oxford, NC
Revlon has an immediate job opening for an experienced filling and assembly manager at our facilities located in Oxford, NC. As a qualified candidate for this management position, you will be:
- Responsible for directing and organizing various component materials into an end finished product and directs associates to achieve standard production rate as per the SPI.
- Responsible for directing associates to produce quality products as per the RPPS.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe and clean working environment.
- Responsible for directing the associates to operate cost center at a minimum cost to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Coaching and training associates to meet or exceed Quality, GMP, Safety and good Housekeeping Standards.
- Highly proficient in computer skills.
*The manager will also provide backup to the Director of the area (as needed).
Oxford, NC Filling and Assembly Manager Major Duties:
As a manager in this open position, you will have the following responsibilities for:
- Safety: Ensure that a safe workplace is maintained at all times. Provide resources necessary to be proactive towards addressing issues in the workplace. Comply with all OSHA & Revlon guidelines and procedures. Assist Safety Director as needed with task forces, projects and teams. Metrics: Safety incident rate; OSHA & Workmen’s comp cases; restricted duty.
- Development of People: Strive to make the Oxford site a great place to work by: proactively developing people (cross training, class work and challenges); Addressing all issues, concerns and disciplinary actions promptly and effectively; contributing to site efforts to address issues and concerns. Staff lines effectively, balancing Revlon and Agency Temporary associates. Maintains good associate relations and morale. Insures that procedures and policies required to meet good work practices are being adhered to. Innovation – Provide challenges, changes, ideas and suggestions to drive the organization forward. Metrics: Associates – Technical training compliance; Safety training; GMP training; Personal Development Plans; Lean Manufacturing.
- Quality: Ensure that all Revlon & Governmental Good Manufacturing Practices are complied with. Provide resources necessary to address any issues before the operation is adversely affected. Maximize line uptime and throughput through efficient use of associates and equipment as specified in the SPI. Assures the quality integrity is being produced at the highest standards of the RPPS. Ensures that SAR’s Cleaning and Sanitizing Logs and other related production paperwork is properly filled out, maintained and up to date as per company requirements and policies. Work with the site Quality Director (and others – as needed) to implement any new requirements due to new products or new regulations. Provide / facilitate training as needed. Ensure that all appropriate records are accurate and maintained within guidelines. Metrics: First pass yield accuracy on paperwork, Sigma; AOQ; Rejection of lots; GMP through internal or corporate audits.
- Customer Service: Ensure that all Customer requirements (domestic, international & special markets) are met per company objectives (Regular business forecast & Promotional commitments). Evaluate production needs on a forward basis to ensure that needed equipment and people resources are available to meet the customer’s needs. Keeps Senior Management abreast through shift transference of information orally and written of current production plan issues, changes or problems that need to be highlighted. Metrics: Schedule compliance; Service Levels; Promotional ship on time.
- Financial: Responsible for operational financial aspects of the cost center(s) assigned: Control of Labor – Direct (productive effort); Indirect (support effort); Non-standard (Rework & First pass yield issues); Material – performance to established standards & minimization of waste; Overhead – supplies and ancillary equipment; Support and facilitate site cost reduction objectives. Metrics: Labor – Direct efficiency, indirect as a percent of direct; Material – MU; Scrap report. Overhead – performance to budget & tasks.
Oxford, NC Filling and Assembly Manager Job Employment Knowledge and Skills Required:
In order to qualify for this job position, a minimum of 5-7 years of experience is required. A 4-year degree in an engineering discipline is preferred, but other areas of study will be considered with appropriate and relevant experience. Other qualifications include:
- Previous experience supervising hourly production associates required (preferably drug and/or cosmetic).
- Extensive working knowledge of production equipment, especially safe operating techniques, product capabilities and troubleshooting methods.
- Ability to motivate, communicate, create a positive team and work environment and to develop associates.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to work and to facilitate cross functionally with different teams.
- Highly developed problem solving and decision making skills.
- High level of personal commitment, motivation and intensity with demonstrated leadership in a production environment.
- Knowledge and experience with operations in a FDA – GMP environment.
- Basic computer skills, Excel, Word and use of MRP systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate 360
- Ability to effectively enforce company policy
- Significant operating knowledge of the Cosmetic industry – products, equipment and business practices
- Knowledge of Customer / Supplier relationships and how best manage those to get results.
Apply online at recruiting.ultipro.com